Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Loving imperfection



I really like the way this angel princess is turning out. I am SO loving the bigger canvas size too. The 12 x 12 is really fun to work on. Not too intimidating once I get a background or sketch going.
This was on a canvas I pulled out of my closet...
something I picked up awhile ago at a discount shop. 
So I am glad it is not just collecting dust.
She is not quite finished though. 
Of course I think she needs some words, or quote,
or scripture of some kind.  
Heaven forbid I leave it wordless. :)



Funny thing is....even though I love her - she seems a bit lopsided
The right side is bigger. The hair...the face..the wing. 
Hmmm, wonder why I did that?
Maybe in preparation for my need to embrace imperfection. :)


I am planning on hanging this in my daughter's room. 
She will absolutely love it. She is my sweetest fan and at times critic. 
She thinks all the girls I paint are her. They could have blue hair and stripes - it is still her. :) In all reality since I adore painting girls...
my daughter...
my little SugarBean...is one of my greatest inspirations.

Have a WONDERFUL week,
Jen

4 comments:

  1. So sweet! My daughter, now 17, still wants to know if it is indeed her in my drawings. She, too, is my biggest fan and critic. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't you just love them! My two are 18 and 21 and love to support me and comment.

    Sweet gal, I'm sure your daughter will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this whole post is so sweet. And, I know that I'm not the only one who loves imperfection--being perfect is boring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...so pretty. I have no doubt your daughter will yip with delight when she sees this:)

    ReplyDelete