Friday, September 13, 2013

A DIY Wedding Card

I love weddings. Don't you? There is something so magical about seeing a gorgeous bride walk down that aisle in her beautiful gown. I have been to so many weddings and they all have that little bit of magic. :) With another wedding right around the corner for a family friend, I was inspired to make something unique, special and classy. I also wanted to include a bit of sparkle to capture that magical spirit that was sure to be flying around.

 
I was looking through my stash of creative goodies and I knew I wanted to use a super cute patterned paper from the Becky Higgins Project Life Midnight Edition by Liz Tamanaha (whoa, is that a mouthful!). Remember, I wanted something with a bit of bling too and the new Pocket Pages Specialty Cards from me & my BIG ideas were the perfect compliment. Holy Smokes, do I LOVE their new line of cards! They are so fun with super fine glitter and foil added to their already darling cards. They are so perfect for my Project Life albums and projects like making cards too. I can't wait to use more of these bedazzled goodies in several projects I have planned.

For my wedding card I just used white card stock as the base, added the Midnight Edition paper that had been trimmed down, and began layering the mambi cards. I also used one of the 4x6 title cards in black & white wood grain from the Midnight Core Kit as a base. I just love how versatile all the pocket page cards from the various manufactures can be.


I also used some plain white vellum to soften up the layers a bit. I added some black grosgrain ribbon and some thinner black satin ribbon under the layered paper to make a tied closure. I fell in swoon-y love with the large glittered ampersand and made it the central focus of the card. I added black corrugated Thickers from Amy Tangerine (found at TJ Maxx) on either side. An itty-bitty silver heart fit perfectly inside both of the letter Rs to match the fabulous silver glittered circles on the mambi card.  


Doesn't the black and white look pretty with the neutral palette of that patterned heart paper! 
I just love it. 
Elegant, Classy, and Sparkling...exactly what I hoped for.
Now,  I have to figure out what to wear! :)

I hope you are having a creative, happy week with a bit of magic!

2 comments:

  1. Hey dr nice blog! I really like it and I am happy that you made the wedding card in your own way that's why these are looking unique and classy. These cards reflects your affection and creativity. I am impressed and I just want to make my wedding card in my own ways So give me some tips for that. I think it ll be nice to take suggestion from you. Reply soon I am waiting.

    ReplyDelete