Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Another mambi Monday - Dimensional Friendship Layout

 
Another mambi Monday...on Tuesday! Ha! Well, at least the page was done on Monday. :) So let's not waste any time. This week I made a 12 x 12 layout highlighting a picture of me with some of my beautiful BFFs from high school. I really love this picture. I wanted to create a pretty, soft layout.
 
 
I knew I wanted to use aqua (no big surprise), and when I saw the orange patterned paper from the mambi Mixed Media Sheets I thought it really complimented the blue perfectly. I also used a large chipboard circle that was in one of the mambi kits. I had been thinking about spring and butterflies. I knew they would look gorgeous fluttering around the circle.
 

 
I punched out tons of butterflies from various aqua, orange, and kraft paper in my mambi stash. I also punched some butterflies from some polka dot vellum. I LOVE how vellum adds such softness to a project. I use it all the time. I also used it under that fabulous sticker & the picture layers. I used the negative from the vellum along the bottom to add some more texture.
 
To give the butterflies some movement I folded them slightly in the middle of each and used hot glue to attach them to the chipboard circle.
 

Once the cute butterflies were put together I layered some adorable paper under my picture. I absolutely loved the sparkling white flowers on the kraft from the new CARDS in an INSTANT. SO CUTE! I tucked them in the back and they looked perfect. Just a bit of sparkle. I liked them so much that I punched some butterflies too. :)
 
 
I added some black splatters, a doily, some stickers, and put it all together. I REALLY love how it turned. I like the dimension that the wings give to the page too. I can't wait to dig into more goodies and get busy creating.
 
 
I've known these beautiful girls for over 25 years. I think I'll have to dig into some old pictures and bust out some fun material for more projects. I am sure I have some darling 80s shots! :)
 
Happy Creating!!

1 comment: