Friday, April 18, 2014

Using Project Life/ Pocket Pages 3x4 Cards in Your Art Journal


I absolutely love documenting my family's life Project Life style. LOVE. It has made memories so tangible. My kids can grab a photo album, lay on the floor, and pour over the pages. Plus, for me it has become another creative outlet. I adore sitting down at my table with all my pictures and goodies ready to put a page together. With Pocket Pages memory keeping there are tons of 3x4 journaling cards out there to use. I mean tons! BUT, you don't just have to use them for pocket scrapping. They make GREAT additions to an art journal too. I love using all different kinds!

Today I am sharing a few pages in my current journal and I am using some of my favorite 3x4 cards from me & my BIG ideas. These cards are fun, colorful, and have great words or quotes on them. Perfect to add to your journal, right!? So, when you are in your local craft store, shopping online, or have a bunch in your stash (like me) - don't overlook those cards!


One this page I took the 3x4 card and cut up the quote. I used Mod Podge to adhere the quote to the background I had already created. I wanted to play with color first, then find an inspiring quote. This one by e.e Cummings was perfect. 


" It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are. "


Sometimes on a journal page you may not want your journaling obvious. You may want it hidden. This mambi 3x4 card makes a perfect flap. All I did was distress the edges a bit, smudged some paint along the edges, and then  attached it on the top with washi tape. Now I can lift it up and write my secret thoughts underneath. Perfect. 


There are times when I want it easy. So I just use the whole card and glue it down. On the following page I just tore the edges a bit so there was not a hard line edge. Super fun. I really love the way it turned out. :)



I hope you're having a beautiful Good Friday!!
Happy Creating

Also, don't forget to pop over to the me & my BIG ideas blog and subscribe! Go right HERE!

1 comment:

  1. Jen! It's been months since I last left a comment haha I absolutely love the burst of colours here. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete