Monday, June 2, 2014

Another mambi Monday - DIY Wall Picture Ledge

Recently me & my BIG ideas released new DIY Gallery Art Pads. The concept is brilliant! Each pad has a bunch of fun art and/or patterns to create your own super stylish gallery wall. Really, all you need to go along with it are some frames, a hammer, and nails. The front even includes hanging ideas! But...I mean, twist my arm to HAVE to look on Pinterest for ideas too. ;)

Today on Sadie Inspired, I want to share one of the two picture ledges I put together. I used one pad and still have more art for other places around my house. The other ledge is featured today on the mambi blog! You can read all about it RIGHT HERE.



In one of our rooms that we call the "music room" because it houses the piano, we have a wall with a tall shelf in the middle. On either side, my multi-talented Hubby installed two picture ledge shelves using plans from Shanty 2 Chic (visit them here). I wanted to give them a face lift with some fun, fresh goodies and the mambi DIY Gallery Art Pads were perfect.


I cut this small HOME piece from the pad and thought it would look great on some burlap. All I did was wrap some rope around the top and bottom, tied it in the back, and slipped in the paper. I love that I can change it out later for a new look. The backing to the black and white picture also came from the pad.


I loved the neutral color in this print. Plus it matched the other picture ledge well. The quote by Tom Petty was pretty fitting for a "music room" too! :)


The large R was already something I had up on the picture ledge. I found it on sale at Hobby Lobby awhile ago. I have every intention to paint it a different color, but for now it works. I LOVE how big it is.


Also, on the far left, I glued two small wooden clips to another burlap canvas. Now it can be used as a backdrop for various pictures and prints. It is a quick way to create a picture display.

Come on over to the me & my BIG ideas blog to see the other side I put together! I just LOVE how I was able to freshen up my home décor so easily. I wonder what I will do next?!

Happy Creating!!

1 comment:

  1. Simply adorable! You just have an eye for these things!

    ReplyDelete