Monday, February 22, 2016

2016 Happy Planner™ BLOG HOP!


Welcome to the new 2016-2017 Happy Planner™ BLOG HOP featuring posts by the me & my BIG ideas Design Team!  I am SO glad you are here. I can not tell you how excited I am for today's post. I am fortunate enough to be among some incredibly talented ladies who LOVE to use their planners & visiting all their blogs to see all The Happy Planner happiness will be so inspiring. 

I’m excited to show you the style of my new 8.5 x 11 inch 'Stay Golden' Happy Planner and share how I plan to use it come July. This planner is larger than the standard Happy Planner which is 7 x 9.25 inches. It will available March 1 in the mambi shop! Just LOOK at this beauty!!




I mean, really. It IS so pretty. Is there anything better than gold and watercolor right now? I think not! As a mixed media artist and lover of all things paint, when I opened the cover I was done. 'Stay Golden' had my little planning heart skipping a beat. Plus, throw in the brush script cover, colorful laminated tabs, GOR-geous colors throughout and the prettiest of turquoise rings - I'm in love. 



Now, being an avid memory keeper the most exciting thing about this beauty of a planner is that when July hits I will be keeping all those precious stories of life right in my Happy Planner. YES! It took me awhile to figure out my plan for memory keeping in 2016. I was having a REALLY hard time trying to figure out what I wanted to do. For the past 4 years I have been recording our family stories in a pocket style scrapbook. 2012, 2013 and 2014 I used a 12x12 pocket page system. In 2015 I wanted a change and used 6x8 albums. For 2016, I was feeling like trying something different again. When I headed to CHA in January I still had not figured out how I wanted to document 2016. That is when I saw this beauty and my creative memory loving wheels began to turn. After seeing the 'Stay Golden' in person and the amazing discussions with my fellow Design Team Girls...I knew I wanted to do my 2016 storytelling right in my Happy Planner

Tutorial for re-sizing photos on mambi blog. New Page Protectors used on right.

 If you are wondering what I am doing for the first 6 months of the year, I decided to use my current Happy Planner. In July I will move into the the larger size. It is no different that my previous years. I always had at least 2 albums for the year. :) The great thing about the disc system in the freedom and flexibility. At the end of June I will be able to remove the first six months and keep them as a separate album. SO fabulous! As much as I don't like when time feels like it is flying, I have to say that I am a little anxious for July to get here. I can't wait to move into my new planner! :) There is more room to record and I know that this planner will only be for documenting the year. 

Monthly 
  
Weekly

One of my other favorite things about this planner is the Currently page that begins each month. My current planner has the same type of page at the beginning of each month and I love it. I think at the end of the year it will be super fun to look back over the year and see what I was loving at the time.



I'll be sharing all my Happy Planner & memory keeping goodness right here and on Instagram. I hope YOU will too. Thank you for stopping by. 



 Keep the HOP going by heading over to mambi Design Team member Tiffany at VillabeauTIFFul's blog to see which Happy Planner™ she's got her hands on! http://www.villabeautifful.com/blog

Happy Creating!



7 comments:

  1. I love this larger planner option! It's gorgeous!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this planner!! I might use this as a lesson planning book, it looks so roomy. I can't wait to see this up and close. Thanks for sharing! :) -rchappyplanner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been waiting for this planner to come! I really love the larger space to plan, and have a planner that feels substantial, and I can add in letter size magazine articles, and blog print-outs. When will it be available for purchase?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this one and can not wait for it come out! Larger space, more planning, more more more (LOL). This one will be for my blogging/crafting so it will stay on my desk. Thank you for sharing. ~ Carol W.

    ReplyDelete
  5. how do the extensions (home planner,fitness,recipe) fit with the bigger planner?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Usually, I never comment on blogs but your article is so convincing that I never stop myself to say something about it. You’re doing a great job Man. Best article I have ever read

    Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete