Saturday, June 8, 2013

Happy Flowers & The Color of Summer 3



Whoa! I can't believe how long I have been away from my little creative home here at Sadie Inspired. I just couldn't get my blog writing mojo going. :) Creativity has been flowing...a few canvases, art journal pages, home projects, and working on this year's (and last year's) Project Life album. I just needed a bloggy break.

I worked on this little happy flower canvas this last week as we celebrated our final week of school. Summer is officially here in our house, and I am beyond happy about that! Do you have any big summer plans? We have a very mellow summer planned with lots of trips to the pool, visits to the beach, lazy mornings, baseball games, flip flops, and watermelon. Hopefully lots of painting and crafting too!


Another fabulous addition to my summer will be The Color of Summer 3 - Artist's Choice, hosted by Kristin at Twinkle Twinkle. It is a free bloggy event that is super inspiring and loads of fun. If you paint, craft, scrapbook, art journal, sew, take pictures, or anything creative... you should come over and join in. This will be my third year participating and I am looking forward to it. Summer of Color has just started and you can read about it RIGHT HERE. Oh, wait...did I mention there are prizes involved too? As if a big color celebration isn't enough...prizes are involved! :) So, if you haven't popped over to 
Twinkle Twinkle already - GO!



 Besides enjoying the days of summer with my family, joining in the artsy fun at SOC 3, preparing new pieces for my shop, and tackling some crafty projects around my house (which I will be sure to share here)...I also will be revamping the blog a bit. It's time. I want my blog to fit where I am creatively. It is an ever changing process and journey, right? There are so many things I am interested in artistically and I want this space to reflect that! So be on the look out for that. Yay! :)


Last order of business - my Reader. I read all your fabulous blogs in my Google Reader. I had heard that as of July 1 Google was going to be taking that feature away (Boo). I was preparing for that, but my Reader has already disappeared. Poof! Gone. Did that happen to anyone else? Needless to say I am going to be making a transition over to Bloglovin' unless I find something else. What do you use to read your blogs? Any suggestions?


Don't forget that you can always find me on Instagram @sadieinspired.
I hope you are having a beautiful weekend!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! Welcome back :D if not because of Instagram, I would lose contact with you. Glad to hear that your creative juices are flowing and keeping you the busiest. I also have a bloglovin account, though i rarely check it haha Enjoy summer with the kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, what a nice surprise! You are so sweet to help me spread the word like this and I am thrilled that you're playing again! I hope to see more of your fab work like this one. It's so sweet and the colors are so feminine.
    AND your Mellow Summer sounds perfect. I've been scheduling time at home to do just that!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete