Sunday, June 23, 2013

Summer of Color 3 - Orange and Hot Pink

Hello Friends! I hope you are having a fabulous weekend. We have been busy bees around here with my daughter performing in her 4th dance recital last night. (She was amazingly beautiful and we are SO incredibly proud of her hard work and dedication. Wow! Is that girl a little performer!) This last week has been all about dance, but I did find some time to work on this week's color challenge from Summer of Color 3. This week's color were orange and hot pink. Last week I worked on a black sharpie doodle, so this week I thought I would change it up and paint a whimsical girl. 


I wanted to use this sketch I did last week while my daughter was giving me a drawing lesson. :) Look how cute my little dancer's girl is. She told me what to do and I followed. I am ALWAYS learning new things from her!!


I cut out the sketched face and added her with Mod Podge to a journal page I created earlier in the week. I love how bright and cheerful this color combo looks. Isn't it fun!?


I used a paint chip that I picked up at Lowe's as her dress. I always keep my paint chips! They make for great collage goodies. There is such a wide variety of color too! I added the words SHINE ON that I had in my stash.


I had a lot of fun working on this journal page this week. I am looking forward to visiting some other Summer of Color 3 artists. Come take a look!!

8 comments:

  1. I love your art journal page! You made a very adorable and pretty work of art! And I also love how you used the SOC colors!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy heavens!! Your daughter is a great artist, kind one to share her talent :). LOVE yours too, gracious lady!. Such stunning page. I'm so inspired by both of you :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, so cute - and those colours are really great too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I really like your whimsical girls! Hot pink and orange was fun, and now we are on to new colors! Glad you enjoyed your daughter's dancing so much. I do remember those dancing recital days. It all goes so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Paint chips! YEsss, love that - but as a dress! - so perfect! LOVE the results from your lesson ;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful artwork! The girls look fantastic! I love the combination of the background and the cut out girl!

    ReplyDelete