Thursday, August 21, 2014

Back to School 3x4 Lunch Notes


It's that time of year again! Back to School is in full swing in our house right now. It has been a blur of activity the past two weeks as we adjust to our new non-relaxing, non-flip flop wearing, missing summer schedules. :) It has been a bittersweet return to the hustle & bustle of school. My youngest entered Kindergarten this year, so I am missing my little constant companion. But, let's be real....I know I can find things to fill my "alone time" pretty quick. 

One of the things I love to do during the school year is sneak little notes into my kids lunches. I don't add a note everyday, but when I do I know they love the reminder that I am thinking of them. 

So last week, during my "alone time" I started making a bunch of cards with some school themed me & my BIG ideas paper and goodies. Here are a few that will make their way into a lunchbox soon!


The base of each card is a folded piece of white card stock. I like to make the finished card to measure 3x4 so it can slip right into my page protector in my Project Life album. 


The construction of each card is very simple. I don't want the card making to become too time consuming. All the fun products makes it super fun. All I do is jot a sweet note inside & pop it in their lunch. I think my son will love seeing this one!


My daughter, who has officially become a "big kid" in fourth grade (where did that time go!?) loves getting a little message from Mom too. Man oh man, do I ever have to savor these elementary school years! Don't you feel the same way? I know pretty soon I will be sticking notes in her purse as she drives off to college. Yikes!


Also, I LOVE just using a 3x4 journal card like this one above that has a great message on it. I can just turn it over, write my message, and pop it in. Either way is special. Either way let's my kiddies know that I am thinking of them. Either way - they both know they are special. That makes this Mommy very happy!!

You can check out all these fun products in the mambi shop right HERE.

Happy Creating,

No comments:

Post a Comment