Thursday, November 11, 2010

Art & Cupcakes


It has been one of those days. You know the kind of day... where everything just seems a little bit harder. Heavier. Coming from all directions and then just sitting there on my shoulders waiting to bring me down. It has somehow zapped all my energy, reminding me how unexpected the things in life can be. As I sat this morning, just about ready to whip up some cupcakes for my very own pity party, I read this (amazing) and saw this (too cute).

Then this was waiting for me..........


And these hands were reaching out for me.........


I was reminded that I will never be given more than I can handle. For every burden I carry...there is someone carrying 10 times more. And I am thankful.... full of gratitude that I am here surrounded by so much goodness. It is exactly as it should be.

The one great gift that art gives me is that no matter what is going on....I can paint. TO DO list monumental - paint. Bad hair day - paint. Someone hurt my feelings - paint. Wrinkles marching across my face - no problem, paint! :) It just seems to make things a little bit better.

Tomorrow is bright...and amazing....and exciting! Even though the pity party was canceled, I will still bust out some awesome cupcakes. They always make things better. :)

1 comment:

  1. And I thank you for saying this--to be thankful for everything that we have and are able to express this through our creative souls.

    ReplyDelete