Saturday, October 6, 2012

Aqua & Orange

with a bit of yellow and pink is my new color combo obsession.
It is so bright and cheery. It just makes me smile.

I painted these two the other day, while cleaning out my studio. Holy Cow! This was MUCH needed!. I was sorting, moving things around, separating, organizing, painting (preparing for the re-opening!), washing, tossing, running to the table for more painting, discovering forgotten items , dancing (sometimes I can't help myself), hanging things, and getting things done! 
It felt so good to get the studio clean.


This one was painted on a 6 x 6 cradled wood panel. I adore painting on wood. Plus, I love painting things that are ready to hang. So these are perfect! BTW, where do you get your panels if you paint on wood? I had the background painted a while back and it had just been sitting there waiting for me to finish it. It is all paint. I didn't use any paper except for the words. I used a Gelly Roll, black Pentel pen and some Faber-Castell pens for the details. Now she is ready for some varnish and a photo shoot. She (total female this one - see those colors! Ha!) will be headed to the shop very soon.


Loving happy colors!


This little scrumptious cutie is a 4x4 canvas panel. The flower on the right side is from the collage sheets I made the other day. So fun! I also really like using motivational quotes, words, or saying in the pieces I create. Just positive reminders that we all need. I know I do! She will be making her debut in the shop on the 22nd. :)))

What colors are making you happy?

Oh, and don't forget...



12 comments:

  1. these are lovely pieces! how fun to paint and clean at the same time

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful as the message they carry!
    You have so much to feel good about!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely curvy shapes and happy colours! Great message too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking at those paintings makes me so happy! Gorgeous colors and quotes. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a lot of fun! Don't you love those days!? Your canvases are gorgeous, very yummy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. For the win! Indeed, the colors and the work of art are priceless. thank you for brightening up our day :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cleaning and painting at the same time? Two of my favorite things. Love both of these; you're right the color combo is about the cheeriest thing ever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, bright and cheerful!! Love it! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You always have the best quotes. These are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your little art pieces do spread beauty all over :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful! And your messages only add to their beauty.

    ReplyDelete