Saturday, January 19, 2013

Sometimes I Wander

Happy Weekend Lovelies!
Today is GOR-geous outside and I am super excited to get out there and tackle this day. I am filled to the brim with gratitude (and maybe a little coffee) today. I am feeling very blessed this morning...that I am able to face this day with love, health, and a smile. 


 I worked on this journal page quite a bit yesterday, but unfortunately lost the race against the sun to get a picture. :) The page started with a bunch of book pages and bible pages. Over that I used gesso (thick and heavy) with acrylic paint in greens and blues. Once I started adding more and more, I started to see the shapes emerge. So fun, right!? I love how things just pop out and say, "HI! Here I am." 


I like her tilt. Lol. That sounds funny, but I do. I like the slant of her body. I am still stacking circles on tops of heads for hair. Maybe, she is hanging to the right because that hair is too heavy. Ha!

I did sit for a bit...waiting for the words to come to me. Sometimes I create a piece with words or quotes (scriptures too!) already in my mind. The words inspire the painting. With an intuitive, pulled page I let the words come from the story that unfolds on the sheet.

"Sometimes I like to Wander."
9x12 journal page


Do you like to wander?
Have the loveliest of weekends too!


7 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling so well. Happy weekend to you.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terrific page Jen and am loving it. Happy PPF, Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, painting like that is the best way. love your color choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful painting, nice colors :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a really fantastic page you have created-i love everything about it-including her tilted head and piled up hair :) Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a wonderful journal page - I love her circle hair! It sounds like this was totally stress free and fun creating - the best kind!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful celebration of joy in this page!! Happy week to you!!


    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete