Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Wisdom


I was looking through the dollar bins at Target when I spotted this cute little guy. I think he is meant to be some kind of hanging decoration, but I thought it would make a great stencil. So cute...and owls are quite the obsession right now!


So today I had a chance to play a bit with my new stencil in my journal. I used my watercolors, a fabulous water brush, a few acrylics, pens and rub ons.


I love this quote by John Wooden. He had so many little nuggets of truth. How many times have I focused on the things I am unable to do...instead of celebrating what I can do and growing from there. I don't want to focus on the negative things I see in myself, but it sure is hard isn't it!? Let's use the words of a very wise man to celebrate all the wonderful things GOD created in us. :)


Here is a link to a free printable of this same quote, but done differently.

12 comments:

  1. Love how you were inspired by the little owl hanging, fab art as always Jen...and Thank you for the words of wisdom, great quote... just what I needed to hear right now :)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great art page--love this owl and how you made him yours.
    Also--wonderful words to live by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely! This guy is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing the quote - I think we all need to this repeating to us sometimes, it's all too easy to focus on the wrong things. Thanks so much for your lovely comment on my blog, you always make me smile :) much love Jennibellie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Jen...Fabulous..your Owl is gorgeous and exquisite..i love owls too..they are special and magical indeed! Thankyou for this colorful uplifting spirit ..beautiful creature!
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I never thought about stencils. I'll have to keep an eye out for them! Your owl is adorable and I just love the quote! Yes that's me too, always focusing on what I don't have or can't do,lol! This is a great reminder for many circumstances in our lives, thank you for sharing it! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your owl you made from the stencil. Very colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I'm going to have to make a trip to the dollar store! Love the owl "stencil" and how you used it on this page. The quote is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that you made this into a stencil and your page is great, clever girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! I wrote a poem about this very same quote a few weeks ago. I love your journal entry! Well done! If you would like to read the poem I wrote here is the link http://www.picture-speak.com/2011/10/wheres-your-focus.html. Again very nice work. I plan on stopping by often.

    ReplyDelete
  10. dear Jen-ooooh!! I just love your fab owl!!And that quote is so true! thanks so much for the vey sweet comment you left on my blog the other day Jen...it made me just SO happy:) Big hugs! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. ooh my goodness. I love this. I love the owl, I LOVE the quote and well everything. PLEASEEEEE can I buy an original piece from you??? Please?! :o) (I keep thinking if I bug you enough you might cave in!?) You ARE SOOO talent. I feel honored to "know" you via blogging! What do you think about doing something special for a christmas card that could be printed? That would be AMAZING?! Okay really if I could tell you all of the things I would buy if you sold your work I think you would be overwhelmed!
    xo
    Jaime from crafty scrappy happy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I totally love this! So Fab!! xoox

    ReplyDelete