Saturday, March 2, 2013

Neon Journal Page & My Jennibellie Journal

Happy Weekend! I hope you are enjoying a wonderful day. It is absolutely beautiful here, and I am itching to get outside when I get all my computer work done. Yikes! Look at this stack of paintings with photos to edit and listings to make. That's just one pile. :) I love the creating...but, it takes awhile for all the other stuff. I DO LOVE all the different elements in the beginnings of a new creative business. I get so excited about the possibilities, the goals, and all the many ideas that come into my head. SO, I happily work through the long list of "to dos." ;)


How was your week? It was a busy one at our house. Doctors appointments, my son's birthday, character dress up day at school, preparing for my daughter's birthday next week, painting, journaling, and starting Project Life (OH, yes it has begun!). So many things happening, but I did get a chance to play a bit in my art journal. I found some Americana paint in bright neon that I was dying to try. The colors I used were Torrid Orange and Sizzling Pink. SUPER fun!


I am still working on this page. I am feeling some words, more neon, and Inktense watercolor pencils are in order. I can tell you that I will be going back to find some more neon colors. I think they will be perfect to play with this spring. AND I do have to admit that these colors did bring me back a bit to the 80s neon. (If you are my age, you will know EXACTLY what I mean.) I honestly had a pair of ginormous earrings and matching belt in Torrid Orange. Anyone else? :)

Instagram @sadieinspired

Besides my little LoveBug turning 4 this last week, the highlight was getting my Jennibellie journal in the mail all the way from England. I was fortunate enough to win a giveaway on her blog a couple of weeks ago. I adore her, her amazing creativity, and artistic generosity - so it was a pleasure to receive something from her.  I couldn't wait to open it up! It is so full of little goodies. I am so looking forward to adding all kinds of things into it.


It is made with all kinds of pretty patterned paper, vintage book pages, and original painted paper. Not to mention all the little embellishments inside as well. If you haven't checked out her blog or YouTube channel - you must! She makes all kinds of amazing things from stuff you have lying around or in your artsy stash...maybe even your trash bin! Thank you oodles and bunches lovely Jennibellie!! I will treasure it. :)

Yummy painted pages!

I hope you have a fabulous rest of the weekend and upcoming week. I am looking so forward to celebrating my daughter's 8th birthday this week. It makes me all kinds of emotional. I do not know where the time has gone. She is growing faster that I can handle. Lol. BUT, I will set my mama tears aside and celebrate the lovely, sparkling girl she is becoming!

Detail of abstract canvas headed into the shop!


Happy Creating!

Come visit Paint Party Friday & Studio JRU

8 comments:

  1. I'm very slowly warming up to the neon trend. I was barely old enough that I have a few memories of the 80's neons. I had a headachy-bright green outfit that I loved. I also love your pretty neon-y art! It just makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes, those neon-colours are really yummy! I played with some of my daughter's a while ago and was surprised with the strong pigment in there. Lucky you to win that Jenniebellie journal! And those listings to make .... Ohh, I'm procrastinating like crazy wit those things ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belated happy birthday to your little one Jen :)

    As always, your works never fail to amaze me. The bursting happy colors and the message that never fails to inspire me. Keep creating Jen! I will always be a fan :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving all your beautiful and vibrant artwork. Pure delight. Happy PPF, Annette x
    http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVING that neon paint page, oh my! And I know what you mean about editing and listing lol the actual creating takes the least amount of time for my etsy shop & videos etc lol so glad you like the journal =) have fun & enjoy your week, much love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. ohh... the pop of neon color is fantastic!! love your happy colors! happy birthday to your sweet girl! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sure sounds like you have a crazy week :) Glad to see you found a little time for yourself. Love your work, it is amazing and congratulations on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  8. More gorgeous and colorful art Jen... love those neons too.. beautiful journal that you won... congratulations... sounds like a busy and lovely week... and two birthdays so close together... enjoy...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete