Sunday, June 3, 2012

Art & Ice Cream

Don't you just love that combination?
Art and ice cream...ahhhh!

I mean really, let's talk ice cream. I love it. How could you not? Well, OK - the bazillion calories may not be the best. My hips completely understand that. :) I will admit - I am a chocolate girl at heart. I would go for the double chocolate mocha fudge brownie every time. I am not kidding. The more chocolate the better! My hubby (remember, opposites attract) on the other hand is all about strawberry cheesecake ice cream. It has to have a vanilla base or he won't touch it. The kids...they will eat practically anything if it is in a cone.   
 (Hmmmm, veggies in a cone?)

Sooooo, summer + ice cream = heaven.
A perfect summer afternoon for me might be strolling around Balboa Island with a big cone in hand or a lazy day in the backyard with the kids running through the sprinklers to rid themselves of the streams of ice cream all over their messy little bodies. Wait! Better yet, when I was a kid - going to Farrell's for a birthday party where they bring out a boat of ice cream. (Seriously - a boat. At least that's what it looks like from a child's point of view!)


Now, since I am a dairy free girl - I love coconut ice cream for a little treat. I have tried it all - soy, rice, almond. I think coconut tastes the best. I honestly don't eat ice cream that much anymore, but when I do - I don't mess around. :) This Mocha Almond Fudge should be called So Dangerous & So Delicious. Lol.

 
I could eat the whole thing...easy. SO yummy!

Why a mini ice cream obsession? I am sure many of you already know.
Starting Monday June 4th, my friend Kristin will be hosting...


Soooooo, summer + ice cream + art = even MORE heaven!!

It is a fun, free, color challenge that is a great way to get messy and meet new bloggy friends. I had a blast last summer, so I have my 9x12 Strathmore Journal ready to go. 
Come read about it here!
You can read a few of my Summer of Color posts from last year here, here, and here.

I hope you join in and by the way...what flavor is your favorite?
XOXO,


4 comments:

  1. Hi Jen! Indeed, what a lethal happiness combination. Enjoy the summer heat, while in our place summer has already ended and we are welcoming the rainy season here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's the best combination ever! Excited to see your ice cream colored creations soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Ohh, thank you so much for this post! I LOVE IT! And what a beauty eating that ice cream! I am so looking forward to it and thank you for spreading the word.
    AND I will get this to try tomorrow - I have never tired the coconut and think I'd love it too. YES Balboa Island! I went to college in Irvine . . . and did Farrells as a kid too . . . xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whooooo coconut ice-cream...sounds delish!!
    Sooo glad you are joining in with Kristin's challenge again this year..can't wait to see what you create :)
    Jan x

    ReplyDelete